So Jody and I were going stir crazy and we needed to get away. One of our concerns during these times was to clean surfaces in hotel rooms during the coronavirus outbreak. Jody found a solution with UV-C lights. No warranties if it works (you can’t see if it works) but here is our setup.
The first item is the UV-C light with a remote control socket. The other product is a socket with a toggle switch that gets plugged into the wall. We tried a socket without a toggle switch, but I liked the peace of mind of an actual switch on the socket as well as the remote.
When we travel I also bring an old (regular) light bulb so I can get everything setup. You are not supposed to look at the light or let it touch your skin so you have to turn it on remotely.
- Plug in all the sockets with the REGULAR light bulb and make sure it’s all turned on (using the remote to confirm you can turn off and then on again.
- Turn off USING the remote. Confirm by turning ON and then back OFF with the remote.
- Replace the old light with the UV-C bulb.
- Leave the room (or be around the corner) and turn on the light with the remote and then click the 30min timer on the remote.
- Leave the room for 60min (30min for the light and then 30min cool off period).
- When you return the light should be off and you’re ready to unplug everything.