I am currently a Tutor and Youth Development Professional at Boys and Girls Club of Kansas City in Olathe. Earlier this year I earned my Associates of Sciences and Associates of Liberal Arts from JCCC, and have also completed 90 hours in K-6 Childhood Education at Emporia State University. I have experience working in childcare and teaching roles, including serving as a teachers’ assistant to afternoon kindergarten classes during my senior year of high school.
Mail ~ Instagram ~ Facebook
Boys & Girls Club of Kansas City, Olathe Unit
Tutor and Youth Development Professional - K-12 [November 2020 to Present]
- Lesson planning for K-8 after-school students.
- Supervision and daily oversight of two classrooms with 24 students.
- Plan and conduct educational and recreational programs.
- Help youth with homework and tutor, run games, and drop-in activities.
- One-on-one tutoring of ESL reading students.
- Develop educational programs that are stimulating and age appropriate for all members.
- Provide an environment that promotes creativity and exploration through learning.
Heritage Christian Academy
Teachers’ Assistant - Kindergarten [September 2018 to May 2019]
- Credit-earning internship for K-8 school.
- Assisted teachers with classroom instruction.
- Worked with students one-on-one tutoring writing, reading, and math skills.
- Prepped projects and assignments for students.
- Rotated between several classrooms as needed.
Lifetime Fitness, Child Center
Childcare Provider [May 2017 to August 2019]
- Part-time afternoons and summer role at upscale fitness center
- Supervised children ages three months to 12 years.
- Assisted with organized playtime for K-6 aged children.
- Instructor for Seasonal Camps and Parents Nights Out.
- Associates of Sciences, JCCC, 2023
- Associates of Liberal Arts, JCCC, 2023
- Emporia State University, 90 credit hours in the K-6 Education program
- Heritage Christian Academy, High School Diploma, 2019
- Regina Reynolds Collegiate Youth Scholarship, 2019
- Church Nursery Volunteer for children aged newborn to seven years old.
- Music Makers Youth Music Program for vocalists K-5.
- Free Hot Soup serving food insecure people in Olathe, Kansas.